How to Apply
An individual or group(s) of scientists / engineers affiliated to any academic institution / autonomous R&D institutions and / or faculty members of recognized academic institutions and universities may submit proposals. The Principal Investigator(s) (PI) should be full-time employee(s) of the concerned institution. The Head of the academic institution must forward proposals with application for research grants. Proposals from individuals not affiliated to any recognized institution will not be considered.
The proposals should preferably be submitted in the areas of Space Science, Space Technology and Space Application. There is no last date for submitting proposals. Each proposal must name a Principal investigator (PI) who is a domain expert in the area to which the proposal belongs and who is a full time employee / faculty of the institution forwarding the application. There may also be co-investigator(s) from the same / different institutions working on the project. But satisfactory completion of a project will be the responsibility of the Principal Investigator and her / his institution. Each proposal should provide the following information as:
- Detailed bio-data of all the investigators (Age also to be indicated) including publications / awards & recognition received.
- Contact details: address, email id, telephone / fax numbers of investigators and head of the institution forwarding the proposal.
- Brief description of the research proposed including the objectives and the scientific / application merits of the work.
- Description of the research methodology or techniques to be used for the proposed project.
- The extent of financial support needed from ISRO for executing the work within the shortest possible time.
- A list of research projects related to the proposal undertaken or carried out through funding by other Agencies.
- Name and address of the Scientist / Engineer with whom the PI had co-ordinated.
"Form-A" (Word / Pdf) , "Form-B" (Word / Pdf) , "Form-C" (Word / Pdf) and the "Proposal Format" (Word / Pdf) .
Five copies of the proposal, in the relevant area should be sent to:
Liquid Propulsion System Centre,
Thiruvananthapuram 695 547.
Email: [email protected]
Two copies of all the proposals must be sent to:
ISRO Hq, Department of Space,
Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road,
Bengaluru 560 231
Email: [email protected]
Proposals will be evaluated by domain experts (internal and / or external) for its novelty, usefulness to Indian Space Programme and other Scientific / technical merits. The proposal may call for changes based on review and the PI will have to re-submit the proposal incorporating the recommended changes. Proposers are informed about the outcome of the evaluation of their research proposals.